Motorcycle Registration in Dubai
Motorcycles are a popular mode of transportation in Dubai, and the process of registering a motorcycle is relatively straightforward.
To register a motorcycle in Dubai, you will need the following documents:
- Your passport and residence visa copy
- Your Emirates ID
- A valid driving license for motorcycles
- A bill of sale for the motorcycle
- A technical inspection certificate for the motorcycle
- Proof of insurance for the motorcycle
The process of registering a motorcycle in Dubai can be divided into the following steps:
- Apply for a vehicle registration number. You can do this online or at any RTA customer happiness center.
- Get your motorcycle inspected. The inspection will check the condition of the motorcycle and ensure that it meets all safety standards.
- Pay the registration fees. The registration fees for a motorcycle are AED 200.
- Receive your registration card. Your registration card will be sent to you by mail within a few days.
You can register your motorcycle online through the RTA website. To do this, you will need to create an account and login to the website. Once you are logged in, you can follow the instructions on the website to complete the registration process.
Customer Happiness Center
You can also register your motorcycle at any RTA customer happiness center. To do this, you will need to bring the required documents to the center and pay the registration fees.
Renewing Your Motorcycle Registration
Your motorcycle registration will expire every year. To renew your registration, you will need to follow the same process as you did for the initial registration. You can renew your registration online, at a customer happiness center, or through a third-party service provider.
Late Registration Fees
If you renew your motorcycle registration after the expiry date, you will be subject to a late fee of AED 25 per month. The late fee will be calculated from the day after the expiry date.
Importing a Motorcycle
If you are importing a motorcycle into Dubai, you will need to follow a different set of procedures. You will need to obtain an import permit from the RTA before you can import the motorcycle. You can apply for an import permit online or at any RTA customer happiness center.
The process of motorcycle registration in Dubai is relatively straightforward. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily register your motorcycle and enjoy the benefits of riding a motorcycle in Dubai.
In addition to the information above, here are some additional things to keep in mind about motorcycle registration in Dubai:
- You can register a motorcycle for up to 3 years at a time.
- You must have a valid insurance policy for your motorcycle in order to register it.
- If you have any unpaid traffic fines, you will need to pay them before you can register your motorcycle.
- If you are selling your motorcycle, you must cancel the registration before the sale can be completed.